Saturday, October 15, 2011

Mexican Saturday Night!

Hello Readers!

I apologize for being so behind on my blogging efforts. I am getting back on track this week starting with a great weeknight or weekend meal-Mexican Tacos! I hope you all enjoy this fun meal!

Mexican Tacos:

1 pd. of lean ground turkey (or beef)
1 packet of mild taco seasoning
1 package of small soft tacos
1 head of lettuce, shredded
1 green pepper, diced
1 can of mild salsa
1 bag of Mexican shredded cheese
1 small can of green chilies
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed

Instructions:

Cook and brown turkey meat in a non-stick skillet. Add taco seasoning with 3/4 cup of water. Let simmer on low for about 10-15 minutes. In the meantime, chop up green pepper and lettuce. I get out small bowls to put all of the ingredients in so that each person can just layer the tacos as they want, as shown below.



Wrap tacos after warming for 10 seconds in the microwave and plate. Enjoy!
*I also made a pot of yellow Mexican rice as a side. You can find this type of rice in your ethic aisle of the grocery store. It goes perfectly with these tacos.

No comments:

Post a Comment