Saturday, September 17, 2011

Wednesday Night Menu: Steak Fajitas and Rice

Hello Readers!

I am going to be catching up here since I am a couple of days behind on the blog! I apologize for not updating sooner. It definitely has turned into fall here in VA! On Wednesday night, my husband and I had a craving for some sort of steak dish so we decided upon steak fajitas with rice. Enjoy!

Steak Fajitas:

-I picked out a sirloin steak that ran about $7 and was plenty for my husband and I. I pan seared the steak in olive oil and seasoned with seasoning salt, pepper, and steak rub.
-Mexican Cheese
-1 lime
-1 can of black beans, cooked and drained
-Salsa
-Romaine lettuce, chopped
-Flour tortillas



Instructions:

Once the steak is cooked to your preference (we prefer medium rare), let steak sit for about 5 minutes in order for the juices to re-distribute within the meat. Slice at an angle and set aside. Plate your tortillas (warm in the microwave, if you desire) and layer with black beans, lettuce, steak, cheese, and salsa. Squeeze lime juice over the top. Wrap up and enjoy!



*I also cooked a pot of rice on the side, but definitely is not mandatory. These fajitas are incredibly versatile and you can easily make it your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment